The Facilities Maintenance Technology Certificate program is a short-term program designed to offer students an opportunity to acquire entry-level skills in facility maintenance. The program consists of courses designed to provide basic technical education through an integrated lecture and lab format. Students who complete the certificate have the option of applying their facility maintenance certificate toward an Associate’s degree in Facilities Maintenance Technology.
Upon successful completion of the program, the graduate will:
- Recognize and maintain various mechanical systems.
- Maintain, diagnose and repair plumbing fixture problems.
- Identify, diagnose and repair plumbing fixture problems.
- Install, diagnose, repair and maintain basic electrical fixtures.
- Apply safety procedures when using maintenance tools.
Credits may be articulated for courses completed in high school career and technology programs. Upon completion of this program, graduates may be employed as entry-level facility maintenance technicians.