Welding Technology Certificate Program
November 19 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Welding Technology Certificate program provides students with entry-level skills in both flat and pipe welding, and blueprint reading. Students in this certificate program are eligible to take individual AWS, SMAW, ASME, and API Certification Tests. Students may find employment as welders, fabricators, grinders or in the gas and oil industry.
Students in the Welding Technology Certificate Program acquire skills in:
- Utilizing safety procedures and theory of Shielded Metal Arc Welding Processes
- Utilizing multi-layered welds in different weld joints and weld positions
- Operating oxy-fuel cutting and brazing equipment
- Identifying and interpreting blueprints and basic weld (AWS) symbols
- Demonstrating Gas Metal Arc Welding, Gas
Tungsten Arc Welding, Flux Core Arc Welding processes and the safety and setup procedures for metals, i.e., aluminum, stainless steel, and carbon steel
- Apply safety procedures and theory of the Shielded
Metal Arc Welding processes.
- Utilize multi-layered welds in different weld joints and weld positions.
- Make a shielded metal- arc weld on schedule 80 pipe in a fixed 6G position.
- Transition pipe welding skills to the downhill process using specialized electrodes.
Class size is limited. To register or for questions, please call the Keystone Community Education Council at 814-677-4427.