The Keystone Community Education Council has put together the following links to help give you a better understanding of online learning, whether online learning is right for you, and where to go to find the training you need.
Online education is a type of education instruction that is delivered via the Internet to students using their home computers. Most of the time, online degree programs and courses are offered via the host school’s online learning platform, although some are delivered using alternative technologies.
Online learning includes tutorials, self-paced instruction, professional development and training workshops, university-based courses, and virtual conferences. These online learning experiences might be self-paced or instructor-led, interactive or non-interactive, but their goal is to help the student master specific content.
- All about Online Learning – http://www.worldwidelearn.com/elearning/index.html
Is Online Learning Right for You? PROs & CONs
- Are You a Candidate for Distance Learning? –
- The Benefits of Online Learning –
- Study Guide: Five Steps to Success in Online Learning –
- 10 Tips for Deciding Whether Online ed is Right for you –
(US News & World Report)
- Is Online Learning Right For You? –
Is Accreditation Important?
- Why You Should Choose an Accredited College Degree –
- Why Accreditation is Important and Avoiding diploma mills –
- Distance Learning, Accreditation, and College Degrees – http://www.geteducated.com/articles/dlfaq.htm#Q1
Where Can I Go to Find Courses?